17 Reasons Why Connecticut Residents are Moving Out of State
According to Census information released, from 2005-2009, 17,000 more people moved out of state than moved in. The researchers have all types of speculation as to why that may be the case… cost of living… foreclosure… job opportunities. But I know the truth. The people of Connecticut have had enough- and they’re leaving the state in packs. Not because of foreclosure or because they were laid off- No. Because of these things:
1. No professional teams. Seriously, how is it possible that the entire state has managed to not have a single professional team?
2. The smell along Route 8 from Naugatuck to Derby is unbearable.
3. WWE is headquartered in Stamford and ever since they’ve changed their name from WWF to WWE, they’ve never been able to get over it.
4. Holy Land USA is no longer operable.
5. People are afraid that Lorraine Warren (who lives in Monroe) will put a curse on them.
6. Judge Judy (from Greenwich) ordered that they move out of state… and pay their child support.
7. The “Ice Missle” law goes into effect at the end of the month, and they are too lazy to remove the snow from the top of their cars. Easier to move to warmer climates.
8. Mohegan Sun has video surveillance of them marking the cards and they’re in hiding.
9. There are no In-N- Out Burger fast food restaurants in Connecticut.
10. Too many deer on the Merritt Parkway.
11. The state song is “Yankee Doodle” and people think that’s dumb.
12. Bridgeport filed for bankruptcy in 1991 and just hasn’t been the same.
13. Connecticut never ratified the 18th Amendment (Prohibition).
14. People are still outraged that Rob Zombie is getting that skate park moved in Woodbury.
15. Guilford has a law where only white holiday light are allowed in public view, and they’ve always been colored light kinda people.
16. Two women: Sandy. Irene.
and last but not least…
17. They’re trying to leave the state but they’ve been stuck in traffic on 95 for the last 36 hours.
photo: (c) Purestock/Thinkstock