- St. Patrick was not even of Irish descent he was from Britain.
2. Shamrock represented on St. Patrick’s Day stand for the Christianity term The Son, Father & Holy Spirit.
3. St. Patrick wore “shamrocks” but shamrocks don’t even exist. There are several three leaf plants like the white and yellow clover and wood sorrel.
4. The tradition of the parade began in America and not in Ireland, first parade occurring in 1762 in NY.
5. St. Patrick’s Day was originally a dry holiday dedicated to religious beliefs, however in America it is a worldwide drinking day.