The 2015 World Series kicked off Tuesday with game 1 between the New York Mets and The Kansas City Royals. Right out of the gate Mets fans knew it was going to be a long night when the first pitch thrown by Matt Harvey was crushed to center field by Alcides Escobar for an inside the park home run. But no one had any idea how long the night would actually become.
14 innings later… the 5 hour and 9 minute game 1 marathon finally came to an end just after 1 a.m. on the east coast. With Mets fans going to bed blurry eyed, confused, and ready to pound coffee at work in the morning.
The epic battle tied the record for the longest game in World Series history.
So Mets fans, to ease your game 1 hangover here are 5 other things you could have done in the time it took the Mets to lose game 1 that probably would have left you less angry today.
1. Drive From Connecticut To Montrael, QC, Canada. Mmmm… poutine.
2. Watch The Entire First Half Of Narcos Season 1 On Netflix.
— Netflix Norge (@Netflix_NO) October 28, 2015
3. Re-watch Game 7 Of The 1986 World Series When The Mets Beat The Red Sox. TWICE.
— NBCSN (@NBCSN) October 27, 2015
4. See A Double Feature Of Steve Jobs And That Terrible New Bill Murray Movie.
— Steve Jobs (@SteveJobsFilm) October 23, 2015
— Rock The Kasbah (@KasbahMovie) October 24, 2015
As I walked into the theater to see "Rock The Kasbah" today the ticket taker yelled "The theater is empty…it's not popular!"
— Jon Wurster (@jonwurster) October 26, 2015
5. Gone To Bed And Been 5 Hours and 9 Minutes More Awake This Morning.