One of the most exciting shows of the year is happening next Tuesday here in Connecticut. The Arcade Fire are coming to Bridgeport to play the Webster Bank Arena. Tickets are on sale now, but they are selling fast as the show gets closer.
You have two options here.
1) Go buy tickets now and lock down your seat for one of the most fun live bands ever.
2) Post this story/link to your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram with the hashtag #SendMeToArcadeFireInCT for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the show for free! We will pick a new winner each day this week.
Here are 6 pretty good reasons you don’t want to miss this show.
1. They kicked off the Reflektor Tour last week in Louisville and the set list looks like everything you would ever want as an Arcade Fire fan
“My Body Is A Cage”
“Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)”
“Joan of Arc”
“The Suburbs (Continued)”
“Ready to Start”
“Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)”
“Keep the Car Running”
“No Cars Go”
“It’s Never Over (Oh Orpheus)”
“Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)”
“The Last Time” (Rolling Stones cover)
“Here Comes the Night Time”
2. They have asked everyone coming to the show to “Please wear formal attire or costume.”
http://t.co/nCAOx4SF22 Formal attire or costume MANDATORY. (Formal wear = suit, dress or fancy something…)
— Arcade Fire (@arcadefire) September 9, 2013
3. Then of course people got really mad about it for some reason, so the band announced that it’s “not super mandatory” but what really mean is “don’t be lame, just dress up and have fun you jerks”
4. There is a good chance that DJ Skeletor (aka lead singer Win Butler in a Skeletor mask) might make another post-show DJ appearance.
5. Wake Up is one of the greatest live songs you will ever see a band play live. It’s a borderline musical religious experience.