Being a fairly new resident to the great state of Connecticut I had no idea how popular the craft beer scene has become here. One of the original craft breweries in Connecticut is Southport Brewing Company. I had heard of it, but just thought it was a local restaurant chain that served a few cool beers. Come to find out, it’s SO much cooler than that.
1. They have 27 different beers that are literally brewed right above you by Mark the SBC Brewmaster. He uses some of the finest natural ingredients, a lot of which they get right here in Connecticut.
2. They release special edition brews. Their latest is the all mighty KONG. Which is a giant American barley wine. 14% ABV 60 IBU. They have it on draft and also in the coolest bottle ever.
3. If you aren’t sure what beer you want to try or what you might like when you go to SBC they will pour you a flight, teach you about each brew, and let you find out what you like best.
4. They will also fill up a growler of your favorite SBC brew for you to buy and take home to enjoy.
5. FOOD! The best part of having a few great craft brews is being able to pair them up with some delicious food. Sean the General Manager at the Branford location was nice enough to cook us up some of their featured burgers, homemade chips, fries, and delicious meatballs with pomodoro sauce.
6. They have four different locations in Connecticut that each have their own unique feel to them.
[sam_ad id=”104″ codes=”true”]