Get the pole out of the crawlspace, because another Festivus is here!
Oh, yes, December 23 is nearly upon us, and in honor of that grand tradition started by Frank Costanza many Christmases ago (but we only learned about when Seinfeld episode “The Strike” aired December 18, 1997). If you’re not familiar, here is your annual Festivus primer (all the Festivus-relevant scenes from the episode in order):
Since we’re required to air our grievances, let’s look back on all the ways Connecticut has disappointed us in the past 365 days:
- Gawker asking “Is there anything good from Connecticut?“
- A final goodbye to Milford Amusement
- Connecticut being forced to create bus hygiene rules
- Being told in Bloomfield we can’t eat in our cars
- Connecticut’s distracted driving problem
- Super-powered mutant head lice becoming a thing in Connecticut
- Connecticut’s snub on the Little League World Series jersey
- Our inability to find the McRib in Connecticut
- The 25th anniversary of the worst Thanksgiving moment in Hartford’s history
- The first steps in New Haven’s biggest traffic nightmare
There’s more (a lot more) – what did we forget? Comment below.