Beer Flavored Jelly Beans, New Oreos & Other New Things To Eat
Your mouth has very unique things to try. Here are the foodstuffs or whacky food-related inventions that are out now or that were announced this month that will be hitting shelves soon that you have to eat, go to, watch, be on the lookout for, or sign up for:
1. Two New Oreo Flavors: The Marshmallow Crispy and Cookie Dough flavors will be hitting shelves in February and be on the market for only about six to eight weeks. So far, every review I’ve read has been good: ” A New Oreo Rises. It’ll probably be as addicting as cocaine.” -Esquire
2. Jelly Belly Beer Flavored Jelly Beans: They are supposed to taste like a Hefeweizen ale. According to the LA Times, they even smell yeasty!
3. PB2 Powered Peanut Butter by Bell Plantation: You mix it with water until you get it to your perfect consistency or sprinkle it in smoothies and other stuff you like. 85% less fat. Hmm, someone else can try this and let me know how it goes.
4. Hershey Chocolate Spreads: They come in regular chocolate, chocolate with almond and chocolate with hazelnut. Better than Nutella though?????
5. Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups. Look out for their racey ad airing during the Super Bowl. See the teaser here
6. Lay’s Do Us A Flavor: This contest is currently going on, and you have a chance at winning $1 million dollars if you choose the newest coolest flavor. Click here to sign up. Maybe you can get some inspiration from Doritos flavors that are available in Japan like Shrimp & Mayonnaise Doritos or Anchovy & Garlic.
6. Wahlburgers. Marky Mark, the most bad ass New Kid On The Block, and their other (what!) brother have a reality show following the fun at their family’s Boston burger joint. It premiered on A&E on January 22nd. Learn more here
Their burger of the month is called the O.F.D. (Originally from Dorchester). It’s a 8 oz. all natural grass fed beef patty, housemade tomato jam, Bacon, swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms…all on a buttered grilled bun!
7: A 3-D Chocolate Printer: 3d Systems is collaborating with Hershey’s to develop a 3-D printer that makes chocolate! MAMA WANTS! $5,000 is the starting price, and should be hitting market this year.
8: Custom Made Coca-Cola Glasses by Riedel: Fancy pants Austrian glass company that develops glasses for every kind of specific wine has teamed up with Coca-Cola. Here’s why Riedel says you should only drink Coke with their glasses that go for $20 each or $30 for a pack of two: “Developed by a tasting panel of industry experts and Coca-Cola lovers, it was determined that this form captures the distinct spices, aroma and taste of Coca-Cola and creates a magical sensorial experience”. I don’t know, there’s nothing better than a fountain Coke in a big ol’ paper cup and straw.
Follow me on twitter @PAMdemonium991