The stuff of NIGHTMARES at a local Connecticut beach came to fruition.

At Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison, a 68 year old man named Bruce Kagan said he was feeling sick back in June, when he went swimming with a small cut on his leg.

That small cut, along with a flesh eating bacteria known as necrotizing fasciitis (which is downright terrifying. Do NOT google if you have a weak stomach) worsened to the point of Bruce unfortunately having to get his leg amputated on August 1st.

Kagan thinks it’s entirely possible that the disease was picked up at the beach. Thankfully, the amputation means that the flesh eating nightmare fuel that was inside of his body isn’t going to harm him anymore.

What do you think? Comment below