Ten Reasons Why You Need to Go To the Barnum Pub Crawl This Thursday:
- Support The Barnum Festival & celebrate the City of Bridgeport & surrounding towns. #Crawl4Barnum
- Support this year’s theme: Celebrating Youth!
- Hang out & catch up with friends & family in a fun, social setting
- Explore Black Rock, Bridgeport best bars & restaurants
- Get a free t-shirt to wear to the crawl, then to gym, to bed, or your high-school reunion.
- Get a chance to win the 50/50 raffle. Cash is king!
- Try to get a shoutout on the radio, you always wanted to say hi mom & dad, right?
- Have an opportunity to capture a new Profile Picture
- After a long 3-day Memorial Day Weekend, continue to celebrate Friday Eve, one more day ‘til the weekend again!
Do you like to party with your friends? Are you into bar hopping and checking out some of our area’s best bars? Do you enjoy getting bar specials, wearing matching t-shirts, and eating awesome food? If you answered yes to any of these questions then text your friends and get ready for Thursday! The Barnum Festival Pub Crawl is back and is taking over Black Rock.
If you’ve never heard of the Barnum Festival you’re missing out on a good time. It’s a series of events over the course of a month that has everyone involved. There’s events for kids, elders, millennial’s, and every person in between. It’s all for a good cause (to help raise funds for youth scholarships and to strengthen the bonds of local Bridgeport businesses) but today we’re focusing on one of our favorite events. The Pub Crawl.
I love t-shirts. That’s one of the reasons why I’m so into the crawl this year, with the purchase of your wristband you get a t-shirt that you’re urged to wear on the route so you can easily spot who’s bar hopping with you. I love that. But in addition to t-shirts, there’s a lot more that comes along with the price of admission: Drink specials, food specials, music, and the overall sense of camaraderie.
Here’s what you need to know:
Wristbands are $25 in advance, $30 day of the event. You have to be over 21 to play and there’s a $10 ticket if you’re the designated driver which gets you soda and other specials too. Buy tickets here or stop by and get your wristband at any of the bars on the crawl.
All bars are in close proximity to one another and it begins at Hub & Spoke which is located at 3001 Fairfield Avenue in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport, CT.
Bar Crawl Itinerary:
- Hub & Spoke: 5-6pm Event Kickoff!
- Tautog Tavern: 6-7pm
- Fire Engine Pizza Co.: 7-8pm
- Smitty’s of Black Rock: 8-9pm
- Brennan’s Shebeen Irish Bar and Grill: 9-10pm & Afterparty
Each restaurant/bar has different specials for food and drinks. Everything from $12 bottles of wine at Fire Engine Pizza Co. (I’ll take two please) to $5 Beer Battered Cheddar Curds at Hub + Spoke.
Radio stations Star 99.9 and 95.9 The Fox will be broadcasting live along the route and the afterparty at Brennan’s Shebeen Irish Bar and Grill has karaoke. So start practicing your best “Mr. Brightside” and get ready to rock.
Check out their Facebook Event Page and I’ll see you on the route. I’ll be the one way too excited to be in my t-shirt.