With Thanksgiving and Black Friday comes chaos. While some stay in and avoid the rush, others have a list of stores at the ready.
A survey conducted in September by BestBlackFriday.com, showed nearly 16 percent of Americans do not favor stores being open on Turkey Day. In fact, 64 percent they do not plan to shop at all. However, almost 13 percent of those not in favor of stores opening will still shop.
For those who still want to shop, a list of stores has already confirmed they will be open on Thanksgiving.
Stores open for Thanksgiving
- Bass Pro Shops – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Best Buy – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black Friday
- Big Lots -7 a.m. to midnight
- Bon-Ton – Thanksgiving 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Black Friday
- Boscov’s – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black Friday
- Cabela’s – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m
- CVS Pharmacy (hours not yet announced)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday
- Dollar General – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- GameStop – 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- JCPenney – Thanksgiving 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Kohl’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 p.m. CT Black Friday (doorbusters end this time)
- Kmart – Opens 6 a.m.; Doorbusters Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 p.m. Black Friday; Some stores to close at 12 a.m. or 2 a.m. and reopen at 6 a.m. Friday
- Macy’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday or Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday before reopening at 6 a.m. Friday. Doorbusters until Friday at 1 p.m.
- Michaels – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.; Opens at 5 p.m. for Rewards members.
- New York & Company (hours not yet announced)
- Rite Aid – Hours Vary by Location (most stores open)
- Sears – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Target – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Toys R Us – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Black Friday
- ULTA – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday
- Walgreens – Varies by Location
- Walmart – 6 p.m.
Malls in Connecticut will also being opening their doors. Select stores in the Connecticut Post Mall, The Shoppes at Buckland Hills, the Brass Mill Center, Westfield Meriden, and more will be open on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. You can find out more information on each website.
What do you think of stores being open on Thanksgiving? For the running list of openings, keep on eye on BestBlackFriday.com.