Old People Do Drugs Too
I certainly don’t want to “profile” the usual drug dealer/user- but I don’t think many people would argue that they are rarely elderly. The exception to this, of course, is hippies. Although hippies tend to just have a joint or two hidden in their home under a pile of old Grateful Dead albums. That stereotype was shattered today when an elderly couple was arrested in Westport for having a relatively large collection of drugs with them.
What started as a routine traffic stop after the couple (73 year-old Michael Thomas Howard and 65-year-old Nora Clark- both of Colorado) ran a red light led to a drug bust. Why they didn’t just keep their big mouths shut about the amount of drugs they had in the car? I have no idea- but they admitted to having marijuana in the vehicle with them. Nope, they didn’t have just a joint or two like normal old hippies would have- They had:
- 144 pills marked (M362) identified as Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone 660 mg/10 mg
- Three bags of marijuana and two smaller containers of marijuana (total weight 80.0g or 2.82 ounces)
- Bottle of liquefied marijuana extract (total weight: 1077.0g or 2 pounds, 6 ounces)
- Three syringes filled with liquid marijuana
- Three plastic containers of hash (total weight: 24.8g – include plastic containers)
- Metal marijuana grinder with residue
- Miscellaneous marijuana smoking pipes and paraphernalia
Why, why, why, WHY would you admit to police (who probably think you’re just another two senile old people driving through Westport) that you had all that in the car?! I can bet one billion dollars that the police weren’t going to randomly search your car. You’re almost 100 years-old.
Can you imagine if they were on their way to a Nursing Home Rave? I can picture it now… People in wheelchairs, playing chess, eating Jell-O pudding… high as can be… listening to Jerry Lee Lewis on their 8 tracks. That’s a party.
photo: (c) iStock/Thinkstock