Rich People Problems: Fairfield CT Police Department Receives Numerous 911 Calls About Cablevision Outage
This really is the ultimate example of how spoiled people really do not know how to live in the real world. Sunday night, Connecticut Cablevision customers from Stamford to Milford “suffered” when a power outage in the Norwalk facility occurred. Fairfield couldn’t believe that such an atrocity could happen to them, so they all freaked out and call 911! 9—1—1. This weekend, I had to call 911, because a person needed immediate medical attention. Not because they couldn’t watch Duck Dynasty.
The cable outage calls got so ridiculous, that the Fairfield Police Department had to reach out and tell people to knock it off as politely as possible via their facebook.
If you have time today—you have to skim through the comments, some of them are pretty funny.
So, I need to know which show being missed constituted an emergency phone call. Below is a list of a select few of the shows that aired Sunday night during the outage period between 6pm -11pm. And which of these shows do you think the fancy pants Fairfield residents cried over missing?
- Duck Dynasty: “Look darling; it’s a cultural program about how the other world lives. Pardon me, what? This family was worth millions before they got the show for actually working? Ha-ha-ha. I’ll pass.”
- Law and Order SVU: This show is ALWAYS on, and every person in America has seen every episode five times. So I know no one is calling about missing SVU. Plus, if the episode that was missed was during Olivia’s really short spikey hair period, no one really cared anyway.
- Antiques Road Show- YES! A show about how much MONEY people can get for their STUFF! They were so mad that they couldn’t watch this show. But at the same time, the Fairfield residents have already gotten all of their things properly appraised right on down to their toothbrushes—so they really don’t care how much money other people are making, because they have enough of their own.
- Lizard Lick Towing- People in Fairfield don’t even know what the word towing means. Their expensive cars never crap out on them, it’s proven. So, no, they weren’t upset about not being able to watch this show.
- Mistresses- This show is relatable to the Fairfield residents’ lives. I can see them being bummed that the cable was out, because they’d be forced to have an actual conversation with their spouse. So, maybe this show is the reason for the calls.
- Anderson Cooper- The women and the gays love him, so it’s understandable that they’d be sad they couldn’t see what hot suit he’d be wearing. But Anderson Cooper fans are smart and know what 911 is for.
- South Park- The only people upset about missing South Park are the stoned Sacred Heart and Fairfield U Kids who just discovered this show. But, if their cable went out, it’s just an excuse to do keg stands. Schools back in session, right?
- Breaking Bad: Okay, Okay, I really get the 911 calls now. I’d be pissed too. It’s the only show worth watching. Ooh, but I’m from Fairfield and I don’t want to wait till tomorrow to download it from itunes. I WANT IT NOW DADDY!