This morning, as I’m watching Today on NBC Connecticut, I waited with antici…pation for the cast reunion of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It’s the film’s 40th anniversary this year, it’s almost Halloween, and for the first time the majority of the cast reunited. It’s worth a watch if you’re a fan:
But it got me thinking – where can you see the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Connecticut? And I mean really do it up – the rice, the water guns, yelling at the screen…everything. You have to go to New York to see it in any sort of regularly scheduled fashion, but Halloween is when you’ll be able to find it around Connecticut. I remember when the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk screened it a few years back on their IMAX screen,
but that’s not happening this year. I was mistaken – they’re doing it Saturday, October 24.
Unfortunately, for Halloween 2015, it’s looking kinda slim: Whoa, you guys really came through! Here’s an updated list:
- The Sherman Players are already doing the live production of the Rocky Horror Show and will continue for the rest of the month.
- The Manchester Parkade has Rocky Horror on Friday night, October 16.
- Seymour’s Strand Theater has Rocky Horror on October 17 and 30.
- October 23 you can find a Rocky Horror screening at both Apple Cinemas in Barkhamstead and Waterbury.
- The aforementioned Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is showing the Rocky Horror Picture Show in IMAX on October 24.
- Stamford’s Avon Theatre – they’ll be doing it on Thursday, October 29.
- The Palace Danbury has Rocky Horror on October 30 and 31.
- Mohegan Sun is actually showing Rocky Horror on Halloween, and it’s a free admission too!
- The Phoenix Theater in New Britain is doing the actual Rocky Horror Show live on stage through Halloween.
And as of right now, that seems to be it. Unless you know of one…and if so, please let us know and we’ll add to the list.