The 17 Things We’ve Learned from CT BIG 500 Voting
We have closed the voting on the CT BIG 500. Tune into 991 PLR this Friday at 5:30 and all weekend as we count them down.
Unlike other countdowns, we didn’t mess with the votes at all. This list is STRICTLY based on what you the readers voted for. This is all you.
Things we learned from the CT BIG 500 Voting:
1. You love Led Zeppelin. I mean you really really love them. The top 10 is almost gross with Led Zeppelin.
2. Southern Rock is way more popular than we thought? Lynyrd Skynyrd songs we didn’t even know did really well. And the Fabulous Thunderbirds? COME ON!
3. Staind “Its Been Awhile” is better than the Beatles “A Day in the Life”. That seems wrong…
4. You hate ballads.
5. Not one Pearl Jam song in the Top 500. A travesty.
6. That mid 1980s, loving coke and the mainstream blues Eric Clapton holds a special place in your heart.
7. AC/DC “Big Balls” is better than the Beatles “A Day in the Life”. Again, seems wrong.
8. Queensryche still matters
9. “Master of Puppets” doesn’t make the Top 500.
10. You wish Stevie Ray Vaughan never got in that helicopter
11. The late 1960s was the most important music period.
12. You’ve forgotten how awesome Aerosmith was.
13. When you think Blue Oyster Cult, you think “Godzilla” for some reason.
14. 3 Doors Down ahead of Nirvana. Kurt Cobain just died again. (Smells Like Teen Spirit, number 444)
15. There is a Kid Rock song in the Top 100
16. Hey Jude is number 339.
17. Stairway to Heaven is not number 1