Thinking about moving to another Connecticut Town?? I know where you shouldn’t live…The website HomeSnacks ranked the 10 worst places to live in the state.
They ranked the places based on unemployment (how broke everyone is ), crime and public school funding…
Check it out!!!
- Windham – 1 out of 10 people don’t have a job.
- Derby – Ranked in the bottom 10 for unemployment and school funding.
- Meriden – 1 out of 10 people don’t have a job…they also made the list because school children are in some of the most crowded classrooms in the state.
- Hard Hittin’ New Britain – Ranked in the bottom because of income level, unemployment and school funding.,,,Not to mention you have a 1 in 33 chance of being the victim of a violent crime…WOAH!!
- New Haven – Ranked 2nd in terms of crime and the 9th poorest place in the state.
- Bridgeport – Has one of the highest crime rates in the country…(I bet this city made it on a whole other list as well)
- Hartford – Three in 10 people live in poverty.
- New London – Has second highest unemployment rate in the state and is ranked in the top 5 for crime.
- Waterbury – Twelve percent of people are out of work.
- Willimantic – Ranked in the state’s bottom 10 for income levels and home prices.
If you want to learn more….check out this very entertaining video.